First of all, a couple of things before some specifics:
- Thanks for using this site... The number one thing you can do for me is to simply use the site and have others use it. I don't want to have done all of this work for nothing!
- Notice that I will never ask for any help financially for this site. This site has been and always be free. You will not see any banner ads here (it's already slow enough!) and I really don't feel like I've done the hard work here (especially compared to people like MikeWhy...). The only way I can envision something changing with this vow is if for some reason I have major difficulty in hosting the site -- i.e., if my Linux box tanks or if I can't get a cable modem or DSL account to host it. However, if something this happens, I'll do everything in my power to keep this site going in as similar format as this as possible...
That being said, there are a number of specific things that you can do to help -- drop me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to take on one of these tasks:
- Done! -- Even though we have no comprehensive setlist data for the '92 tour, I would at least like to add a list of all of the concerts from this era. A fairly accurate list of these can be found in the various editions of the Tori biography "All These Years" -- MikeWhy discusses some of the issues about the tour dates here: http://www.thedent.com/tour92diff.html.
- Done! (ongoing) -- The only setlists we do have from the '92 tour are from various recordings that exist, so it would be nice to at least mine that data into the database.
- Done! -- The '94 data needs to be mined from this source: http://www.thedent.com/pink_setlists.txt. I can provide a spreadsheet with the format needed for the shows, and then I can let you know how to add the setlists to the database.
- Done! (ongoing) -- I know others are working on various "circulated recordings" databases, but I would at least like to have a true/false for each show in this database for whether or not a recording exists, along with some notes about that recording. This is not an easy task, but would add a lot of value to this site.
- When I figure out how to handle the fragments issue, myself or someone will have to go back through MikeWhy's setlists and reviews for identifying those and adding them to the database (this will be the most frustrating part of this site!).
- I need some general proofreading of the setlists. This should not be too terrible of a task as there are links from every show on this site to the setlists and reviews on MikeWhy's site.
- I need feedback for all browsers and all operating systems -- if you see something that looks fishy, let me know what you're using and I'll see if I can fix it. I did most of the development using IE6 and Netscape6, but could use feedback for older browsers.
- Artistic assistance is always welcome. I want to keep this site simple, but perhaps it's a little too simple right now...
The only thing I will be able to offer in return is a hearty Midwestern "thanks" and an acknowledgement for your help...